Förändringar
Forumet har fått sig en rejäl uppgradering (2019 08 01) för att bättre möta 2019 och framtidens behov. Innehållet finns kvar men det gamla utseendet kunde tyvärr inte följa med. Läs gärna mer och tyck till ->

Rick besvarar frågeställningar:

Generalagent för Ultima i Sverige
Kategoriregler
Bild
Göran

Rick besvarar frågeställningar:

Inlägg av Göran » 31 mar 2013 12:34

Q&A with Rick Vaal, Formulator of ULTIMA

[Submitted by Corey, owner of CarPro-USA ~ a PFC Master Distributor.}

Corey: -How much durability do the bonding agents in Ultima Paint Prep Plus (“UPPP”) add to Ultima Paint Guard Plus (“UPGP”)?

Rick Vaal: -The UPPP is designed to properly clean the surface and contains a trade secret additive that works to make the Polycharger react and bond to the surface. I do not disclose that product and it's not required to put on MSDS because it's non hazardous. I have to keep some secrets!!! Most pre-wax cleansers I have found contain either silicones or heavy oils that not only fill or hide but also prevent polymers or waxes to properly bond.

C: -Does Ultima Interior Guard Plus use the same VOC free synthetic distillates as UTTG and UPGP?

RV: -Yes

C: -Does Ultima Paint Guard Wash contain any gloss enhancers or any Polycharger?

RV: -No, it does not. But, very concentrated and mild formula and will not remove a quality sealant. I am working on a Polycharged version, but its still in the test stage.

C: -Does cold weather (say 25 F) or hot (say 95F) take a larger toll on sealants? Assume the vehicle is outside 24/7. (Note: after receiving Ricks answer I realize I didn’t really ask what I was attempting to ask here)

RV: -Of course a vehicle stored outside 24/7 will need to be treated much sooner than a garaged. Our friendly Sun can take its toll on a finish. Cold weather can reduce bonding time and if not fully cured and then washed or driven in rain/snow could result in a reduced life of protection.

C: -I receive one question in particular every so often. They ask should I feel safe using something that is petroleum based. Is it the VOC free synthetic distillates you use that are safer than the distillates used by other companies or is it much more detailed than that?

RV: -Yes, basically it’s the refining process that takes all the VOC's out of the product we use that makes it safe. Its very expensive and hard to emulsify into water based formulas so most companies do not use it and choose to use economical petroleum products instead. I won’t say all do, but a high percentile of manufacturers do and these most certainly will

damage a finish over a period of time. If you were to take the straight petroleum distillate some use and apply to your skin and allow evaporating your skin will be dried out. During evaporation, moisture is taken from your skin. Well, clear coats are very delegate these days and the same would happen to it over a period of time. I am sure you have seen from time to time a vehicle that has a stain below or around the gas fill cap where someone has over filled his or her tank. Well, gas is a petroleum and stronger than some used in formulas, but not as much as you may think. Just damages quicker. A surface which has gasoline wiped on will look shinny for a short period of time but as it fully evaporates it takes the moisture with it, damages the clear and looks dried out and faded.
Senast redigerad av 1 Göran, redigerad totalt 14 gånger.

Användarvisningsbild
progge

Re: Rick besvarar frågeställningar:

Inlägg av progge » 31 mar 2013 12:42

Intressant läsning.
Mvh Progge
Nissan Qashqai 1.3 Tekna+ Dynamic MAGNETIC RED PEARL 2020 :nicka

Skriv svar